setting preferences globally?

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:54:28 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I work at an organization with 4 Fedora 7 machines that are Desktop
computers shared among over 100 people.  The problem is that NOBODY
remembers to log out when they are done with a particular machine.  This
leaves the screen locked and the next user has to choose "switch user" to
log in, which ends up causing various problems when 30 people are logged
into a machine but only one is actually using it.

My question is:  as root, is there a way that I can set every user's screen
saver preferences to NOT lock the screen?

This would at least let people log out of an open session that some
inconsiderate/careless person has walked away from.

Thanks!