pup problem

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Mon Jan 28 17:50:31 UTC 2008

I recently installed FC8 but can't get the pup applet to work. According
to the Fedora wiki this is a known bug:

Bug 381721 - In a fresh F8 DVD install, you might see Package Updater
(PUP) is asking to insert CD when you launch it for the first time. As a
work-around, click on Repository Manager and uncheck "Install Media".
See a screenshot.

What is this CD? I installed FC8 from a DVD (which doesn't work with
pup.)
Where is this "Repository Manager" the wiki says to click on?
If there's no fix for pup how do I disable it and prevent its "new
updates" message from popping up each time I logon?

Sorry if this is all old news. And thanks for the help.

Jerry