How to fix error message (unable to Access Resume Device (Label=/dev/sdc5)

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Jan 28 22:22:26 UTC 2008

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> Subject line says it all.
>
> I get the message during the boot process, but I do not notice any
> problem thereafter.
>
> Where do I start looking for circumvention?

You really should put the question in the message as well as the
subject. In any case, you can ignore the message, unless you are
planing on hibernating the system. What it is doing is trying to
access a swap partition on /dev/sdc5, and it is not able to do it.

If you want to look into it farther, please post your
/boot/grub/grub.conf and /etc/fstab files.

Mikkel