Unload Ath5k module

I have a Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5418 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)wireless card and at this time the ath5k driver does not support it. I have been having success using madwifi (ath_pci) and would like to unload the ath5k module for now. Is it just a simple modprobe -e ath5k? Will that prevent it from loading back up on startup?

Thanks,
Greg Sieranski