Re: static problems. (subject change)

Tim wrote:

I'd imagine that the worst PCs for being vulnerable could be the cheap
cases with the all-plastic front panel, with no metal behind it.  The PC
is no-longer completely inside a metal enclosure that'd offer it some
protection.  You could zap the front, and have it go *through* parts of
the computer before reaching ground, rather than having a charge go
*around* the casing and to ground.

I don't think I have ever seen a case like that. I have seen plastic fronts with an almost tinfoil backing, but there has always been some metal. I would think a computer with a case that does not surround the motherboard and assorted parts with metal would generate a lot of RF interference. I would think the various regulatory agencies would have something to say about that.

Mikkel