Re: About ssh login

Ritesh Yeole wrote, On 01/30/2008 12:26 AM:
Dear Sir,

What the others say about root logins still stands, including that it may or may not be disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

                I want to ssh to my client ,there is sonic-firewall .

In firewall  static ip nat with server ip
Now i want to ssh it then it ask for password but when passwd put is says=
[root ndtest ~]# ssh ultra
root ultra's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
root ultra's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
root ultra's password:
Permission denied (publickey).
=================[root ndtest ~]# ssh raisoni
root raisoni's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
root raisoni's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
root raisoni's password:
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password).
[root ndtest ~]#

Plz tell me what is difference between them and how it is solved.

AFAIK, regarding your actual question:
ultra allows only publickey auth.
raisoni allows publickey, gssapi-with-mic and password.

And assuming you know and used the right password on raisoni for root, then it does not allow root logins through ssh.

--
Todd Denniston