[OT - NOT FEDORA] Question for the TV engineers

Sorry for posting this, but I know that there are some smart TV guys here.

I've got a cheap TV card that works OK with Linux, except that it has "noise" bars on channels 2-5. It looks OK on channels > 5.

Would it help if it enclosed the card in a (properly insulated) metal box? Should I ground the box?

Thanks,

John