Re: How do I turn on DMA for ide-scsi DVD drives

spmirowski wrote:
Hello,

Back when Fedora handled disc drives as ide, I would use hdparm to turn on DMA. Now that Fedora 8 seems to run them as SCSI devices, hdparm can't tell them to turn on DMA. Any ideas how to get them blazing fast again?

Thanks,

Stephen

They should already be running at max speed, if they're using the new driver. Please check the speed (not the hdparm reported setting) before attempting to optimize.