Good bye

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 06:48:09 UTC 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 12:37 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > Got any examples of that?
>
> Since this is Karl's thread, his problems with Nvidia and sound should
> be famous by now and apply to any kernel modules.

I don't receive Karl mail, sorry

> But every fedora
> version has required new patches to VMware that you have to track down,

Wasn't aware of this. And you're saying that this is intentional by
the Fedora dev team?

> firewire has had about 50/50 odds of working, anything that knew device
> names would break from one version to the next,

While some Fedora devs may be kernel hackers, I doubt they are to
blame for firewire support.

>CIPE hasn't worked since

Are you referring to this CIPE?
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Cipe+Masq.html I wasn't familiar
with the term.

> FC1...  What other OS forces you to go though these contortions
> continuously just to continue getting security fixes for the bugs it ships?

You lost me there. I don't see how this fits with the rest of your
post. where are getting security fixes (udpates) being related to
using software that isn't build for Fedora on Fedora?

( www.pembo13.com )