Good bye

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:02:16 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>

>>> OK, I'll take your "do not support" and move on to "intentionally break"
>>> in every case where something that worked in one version does not work
>>> in the next or after an update.  From the perspective of a person who
>>> just wants to run some programs it's all the same when they don't work.
>>
>> Got any examples of that?
>
> Since this is Karl's thread, his problems with Nvidia and sound should
> be famous by now and apply to any kernel modules.

And, as always, he was told ages ago the way to get Nvidia working
on Fedora and chose to ignore it until he stumbled onto it by trial
and error.  I didn't follow his sound problems closely but they
appeared to be with pulseaudio, which was designed to fix a long-
standing sound problem, is not a kernel issue and, in any case, can
be removed and F8 run without it.

Anyway, we've heard this axe ground so often I'm surprised there's
anything left of it.

--
imalone