Questions re samba/cifs stuff in general

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 31 12:17:35 UTC 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008, Stuart Sears wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>[stuff about samba browsing]
>
>> Unforch, I use kde.  I was thinking I'd seen something along these lines,
>> but either my eyesight is going to hell, or some upgrade removed it, which
>> I have NDI.
>
>have you tried typing smb:/// into the address bar in konqueror?

I don't normally use konqueror, and it apparently doesn't work very well with
FF3b2.  It wants me to download 'coyote.den', into an editor, which then
dislays:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=coyote.den
Type=Link
URL=smb://coyote.den/
Icon=gnome-fs-network

Not terribly useful.

ISTR at one point while trying everything on the menu's, it did open konqueror
and allowed me to browse the shares, but the name of the menu item didn't by
any means intuitively tell me that is what it was going to do.

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)