Good bye

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Thu Jan 31 15:06:04 UTC 2008

Everyone,

In all fairness to Karl (and others like him), we need to be fair.

(1)   This is a list for beginners and users.  This is not a list for
developers and geeks; although they are extremely welcome to stay and
answer a few questions now and then.
(2)   Karl is probably old enough to be many peoples grandfather on this
list.  (I'm making a big assumption on this; since Karl has already
revealed his age)  So show a bit of respect.
(3)   The simple FACT Karl can stir up so much of a response for his
questions only means we may be missing something.  (Namely not everyone
is a Linux guru)
(4)   In all the responses and the like, everyone has tried helping him
with his problems with the distro.  The fact everyone got annoyed by his
questions and responses and off-topic quotes and the like is only adding
fuel to the already burning fire.

Some things to consider:
(a)   When someone asks a question, ask yourself... what are they asking
for?  Help, documentation, instructions, a gentile ear to listen.
(b)   Before you blindly respond, ask "Do I need more information to
intelligently answer the question?", "Can I truly help, or may I just be
adding a distraction in my response confusing others?", "Is it something
I'm familiar with?  Answering a question when you don't have all your
facts will only frustrate a simple user."
(c)   Try to be KIND! CONSIDERATE!, and POLITE!  Adding rude comments,
gestures, or other dis-respectable responses discredits any GOOD answers
you may have.

Lastly, always remember. Like everything else you can alway ignore the
question if you don't have anything constructive to add.

Thanks,
James

--
Scanned by ClamAV - http://www.clamav.net