ever see an HP 1018 laser Jet? why do print job disappear?

Carlos Alberto Alves drcaa at predialnet.com.br
Thu Jan 31 15:35:55 UTC 2008

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 22:30 -0800, Konstantin Svist wrote:
>> Paul Johnson wrote:
>>> Hello, Fedora users!
>>>
>>> Does this problem remind you of anything?
>>>
>>> In one of the Fedora 7 systems I administer, I've seen something
>> very
>>> strange with a new HP 1018 laser printer.  We plug in the USB
>>> connector, and dmesg output indicates the system sees the device.
>> In
>>> both system-config-printer and also in the CUPS configurator in the
>>> browser, we see 3 lines showing the same printer.  One refers to an
>> HP
>>> printer found by HAL, one refers to an HP printer on hpijs protocol,
>>> the other refers to a USB device.  I don't know why 3, but  that is
>>> par for the course. I see it with all CUPS HP printers, I think.
>>>
>>> There is no HP1018 laser jet device driver in the HP list, but there
>>> is 1015, which experience leads me to believe is close enough
>
> Look here for a 1018 printer driver:
>
> http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/
> --
>  =======================================================================
> His mind is like a steel trap: full of mice. -- Foghorn Leghorn
> Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net

You may also give a try to HPLIP. I installed it in FC6 for a HP 1020
and it is working great. Important to note that HPLIP gives you the same
tools they give Windows boxes. ;-)
* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa at click21.com.br                *
* mailto:drcaa at predialnet.com.br             *