Good bye

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Thu Jan 31 17:09:13 UTC 2008

On Thursday January 31 2008 10:06:04 am James Kosin wrote:
> Some things to consider:
> (a)   When someone asks a question, ask yourself... what are
> they asking for?  Help, documentation, instructions, a gentile
> ear to listen. (b)   Before you blindly respond, ask "Do I
> need more information to intelligently answer the question?",
> "Can I truly help, or may I just be adding a distraction in my
> response confusing others?", "Is it something I'm familiar
> with?  Answering a question when you don't have all your facts
> will only frustrate a simple user."
> (c)   Try to be KIND! CONSIDERATE!, and POLITE!  Adding rude
> comments, gestures, or other dis-respectable responses
> discredits any GOOD answers you may have.

I agree. There will be a flurry of self-justifiying comments on
your post, mostly from those who think that being boorish is a
right - the you-gotta-earn-my-respect crowd - it's all so
predictable; absolute kindness, consideration, and politeness in
the face of whatever you encounter is not a trait you'll find in
great abundance here, at least amongst some.

Make fun of boors...while your appeal may reach some, humor also
has its place.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA