Selinux does not allow samba

Henning Larsen hennlar at start.no
Thu Jan 31 17:22:43 UTC 2008

Hello
On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 11:14 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2008 4:08 AM, Henning Larsen <hennlar at start.no> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I get an alert from selinux, telling me to do:
> >
> > 'setsebool -P samba_export_all_ro=1'
> >
> > I did, but still cannot connect to the share from a other pc's.
> > Do I have to reboot?
> >
> > ps. all booleans for samba is selected in selinux administration.
> >
> > Henning Larsen
>

> Are you still getting alerts?

After doing that setsebool -P samba....  I still get alerts, but I found
one solution via google, like this:

# grep fusefs_t /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mysamba
# semodule -i mysamba.pp

This removes the alert, but I think it not is the proper way.
Maybe it is a bug?.
If so, how do I remove the modification I have made, when the bug is
fixed?

Thanks for helping.

Henning Larsen