Good bye

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:44:43 UTC 2008

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

>>> However, I see no evidence that this is
>>> intentional on the Fedora teams part. Nor do I see how it would
>>> benefit them from exhausting energy into blocking things.
>> Whether it is a benefit or not depends on the user experience they want
>> to generate.  Who would it harm to provide instructions for installing
>> common and needed vendor-provide drivers, for example?  Is it necessary
>> to be hostile to both your own users and the best hardware vendors, or
>> the company that invented java and wants to give it away?
>
> Instructions from say the community since Fedora is a community based
> distribution?
>  * fedorasolved.org
>  * fedoraunity.org

If some entity in the community provided a repository containing, for
example, the Nvidia drivers that many users need, could said entity get
their repository configuration included in this "community based
distribution" to make installation automatic?

> I think you're way offline with considering lack of support for this
> that you did not pay for with being hostile.

And I think it is reasonable to compare it to other distributions like
ubuntu instead of just assuming that the hostility should push users to
the for-pay version conveniently provided by a related company.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com