Re: Good bye

Les Mikesell wrote:
Todd Denniston wrote:

And there is nothing about the hostility to outside software.

I don't think it is so much hostility as ambivalence.

OK, if you describe fedora as 'user ambivalent', it at least makes the need for ubuntu to exist very clear.

I prefer the original definition which was effectively 'non-OSS, binary kernel blob and alike ambivalent' - You may disagree but many people, and I think Fedora in general, considers this to be good for the user, in the long run.

Ubuntu takes a different view point on what is good for the user, which seems to match yours better. I personally think we need both view points, and trying to suggest Fedora should become more like Ubuntu is a bad idea which will never happen.

Chris