Good bye

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 17:47:21 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Todd Denniston wrote:
>>
>>> And there is nothing about the hostility to outside software.
>>>
>> I don't think it is so much hostility as ambivalence.
>
> OK, if you describe fedora as 'user ambivalent', it at least makes the
> need for ubuntu to exist very clear.

I prefer the original definition which was effectively 'non-OSS, binary
kernel blob and alike ambivalent' - You may disagree but many people,
and I think Fedora in general, considers this to be good for the user,
in the long run.

Ubuntu takes a different view point on what is good for the user, which
seems to match yours better. I personally think we need both view
points, and trying to suggest Fedora should become more like Ubuntu is a
bad idea which will never happen.

Chris