How to remove folders from desktop in FC8?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Thu Jan 31 22:32:02 UTC 2008

wob wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm a new user on Fedora 8, and I noticed that it put severything in my
> home directory on the desktop. Is there a way to disable this behavior?
> I googled for days and couldn't find a thing.

Your description isn't very descriptive.  What do you mean by
"severything"?  If you are referring to your browser putting all of your
downloads on your desktop, then, yes, that is configurable in your
browser.  I can tell you that under Gnome, your desktop folder is
~/Desktop  You can browse this and move stuff wherever you want it.
I change Firefox to download everything (by default) to another
directory (not the Desktop).  Then again, I do more work from the
command line than via windows.

If you accidentally moved the stuff yourself, then all you have to do is
move it back to where you want it.

> Thank you very much!
> Owen

The way to succeed at Googling is to phrase your query correctly such
that Google can display more of what you are looking for.  If your
search terms are ambiguous enough, or you are not using the correct
terminology, you are less likely to get relevant results.

I hope this is helpful to you.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com