Fedora 9 Openchrome drv HP w2207h Monitor was: Re: help with setting up graphics

Frank Murphy frankly3d-fedoracore at utvinternet.com
Wed Jul 2 10:50:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 21:00 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:05:38 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> 	[...]
>
> 	[In a long thread, called "Hardware browser??" about ways to
> configure a PC with unknown video card, so that it can use a HP w2207h
> 1680x1050 monitor]
>

> > look under /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> >
> > it will give you a lot of info about your monitor and card.
> >
> > If your unsure what to look for.
> >
> > Start a new tread with maybe subject: help with setting up graphics/
>
> 	I made that "cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log|most" and started slogging.
> Other than the two lines below, I see nothing that even might be
> enlightening.

Could you post the complete Xorg.0.log.
Try not to use the grep\more\less etc..

There will be stuff usefule that others more knowledgeable (a lot more)
than myself will gather from it.

The same with any other log post the full thing.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/20491-314293-314303-314303-314303-80720291-80720356.html

Should be you monitor?

Frank