Fedora 9 Openchrome drv HP w2207h Monitor was: Re: help with setting up graphics

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Wed Jul 2 18:53:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:50:02 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:

> Could you post the complete Xorg.0.log.
> Try not to use the grep\more\less etc..

> There will be stuff useful that others more knowledgeable
> (a lot more) than myself will gather from it.
>
> The same with any other log post the full thing.

        I'll try. But I'm on email (Alpine 1.10) at the
moment, and I'm not going to try to copy a file that length
into it, page by page or screen by screen.

        Does the list accept attachments?? I can probably do
that; or I can use Pan (0.132) against Gmane -- my normal
and strongly favored way of monitoring this list -- which
will let me paste the whole huge thing (from gedit, which
will let me copy it all at once) smack into the text of a
post.

> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/20491-314293
> -314303-314303-314303-80720291-80720356.html
>
> Should be you monitor?

        That certainly seems to be the one, yes, thanks! But
I've moused all over it, following every likely link, only
to conclude there's no finding a driver without knowing your
video card.

        So I broke down and sent an email to the guy who
built my current machines for me, asking if he has records
of what he put in. Stay tuned.