Sagem Fast 800 E3 usb modem and Fedora 8

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Jul 2 19:16:37 UTC 2008

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 20:43:57 -0400
> Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Check these two sites , there is a driver for Linux for the Sagem Fast
>> 800 E3 usb modem.
>
> Thank you.  This looks like something that I could probably set up if I had the
> modem and the laptop here to fiddle around with, but I don't think it's going
> to be workable in the present situation.
>
> Thanks for the information, though.  The next time someone has a question about
> one of the modems they will be able to find this in the list archives.

Another issue is the ISP may require the MAC address to validate the
network connection on their end.  I have seen this many times in my
helping of others.

My mother-in-law has the same issue on her network.  She has a USB cable
modem.  The modem does have an ethernet port but hooking any other
computer to this port is a waste of time as the MAC address is useless.

The Windows network sharing would be the quickest and easiest way to set
this up.

--
Robin Laing