Help! Recovery deleted files!

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Jul 3 14:26:08 UTC 2008

Octavian-Marius wrote:
> Hi, i'm using fedora core 7 and i deleted som files from hdd, partition
> is ext3.
> How do i recover them? It is vital to recover them, i don't make any
> write on hdd.
> Please gave me an advice!
>
> If you need some more info please contact me at
> octavian.mariuss at gmail.com <mailto:octavian.mariuss at gmail.com>

You can try to recover them with mc. (Midnight Commander) It has an
option to undelete files when run as root. The hard part is that the
file names are lost, so you will have to check on the files to make
sure you have the correct ones.

One other thing - you should remount the partition as an ext2 file
system before trying any file recovery.

Good luck,
Mikkel