About Preupgrade Service

Arkadiy Butermanov ardess at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:37:37 UTC 2008

So, I wanted to not so more ask you, but to tell you about some problems in
your new preupgrade program:
1. Why it is downloading not most fresh updates. (After upgrading my system
from Fedora version 8 to 9, I've had to download updates one more time (517
mb)...
2. After upgrading it is not changing repositories. (I've looked in
/etc/yum.repos.d/, all repository files were setted up on Fedora Core 8
version)
And about PackgageKit:
When it checked for updates (there was more than 200 updates), I've pushed
Update All button, but nothing was changed...)))) It is not working))) So,
I've installed Yumex packgage and updated my programs with it))
Also, i think you need to delete this troubles and change programs in
repositories now (not in the next release), because a lot of people have
some troubles and don't want to rewrite hundrets of config files.
Thank you! Butermanov Arkadiy. Russian Federation...