Verizon DSL ??

Raymond C. Rodgers sinful622 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 19:20:52 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> I had a bad experience with dealing with setting up a Dialup
> connection with Verizon, once I mention Linux the help desk, a Indian
> ,  he drop me like a hot potato, I failed to do so, never in my 100
> years of use of Linux was not able to setup a Dialup connection.
> This computer I'm trying to get on the Internet is a Gateway it uses
> those small pci cards, that doesn't have a ethernet card in it, and I
> will have to use a rj45/USB ethernet adapter, does Verizon DSL modems
> have output ports for rj45 or USB connections.
> I have a rj45/USB ethernet  adapter that works fine in Fedora.

Verizon's DSL department seems to be very supportive of Linux and BSD
OSes, and the modem I got from them 7 years ago was RJ-45 only. Once you
get set up, you may want to join their 0.verizon.linux USENET group for
any tweaks or problems using Linux on their service. (I never had any
with Fedora though, smooth sailing all the way.)

Raymond