Can't get CNN video sound ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Jul 3 21:25:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 16:55 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 13:04 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 22:39 +0300, Antti J. Huhtala wrote:
> > > to, 2008-07-03 kello 20:19 +0100, Anne Wilson kirjoitti:
>

> > The issue of flash, pulseaudio and sound is typically solved by
> > installing libflashsupport
>
> Installed libflashsupport
>
> Checked with $ rpm -qa libflashsupport
> libflashsupport-000-0.5.svn20070904.x86_64
>
> Double checked with an updated locate like Antti J. Huhtala suggested
> YES => /usr/lib64/libflashsupport.so
> NO  => /usr/lib/libflashsupport.so

Have tried checking the repositories for a 32 bit libflashsupport.so.

Would there just be a link between the two?

> A google for 'media' tutorial or manual is getting me no where; either
> too broad or narrow search.  Since I am new at this, could you suggest
> the correct search criteria I should be using so I can take a couple of
> days and dig into the whole media (recording, video, sound, editing etc.
> etc.) subject.
>
> I appreciate your help, but on this end I am following instructions by
> just pushing buttons without any understanding of what I am doing or
> why.

I have checked out Wikipedia but the media player page is a stub that
leads to lists of codecs and players but offers no explanation of what
the various components are, or what they do, or why they are needed or
how they interrelate.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2