Possible to extend the /boot partition?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jul 4 15:36:02 UTC 2008

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My /boot file system is about 100MB and would it possible to extend
> online? Which software should I use ?
>

> Thanks...
>
> Best Regards,
> Wong Kwok Hon

Dumb question - why do you want to increase the size of your /boot
partition?

You can use gparted to adjust the sizes of your partitions. I would
recommend using the stand alone CD version, as you do not want to
try and resize/move mounted partitions. Also, /boot is usually one
of the hardest partitions to resize, as it usually involves moving
other partitions to make room.

Mikkel