A seemingly dumb question! Gotta ask

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jul 5 22:34:36 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 16:38 -0500, allen wrote:
> My experments with puppy and my intention to go to fedora prompts this
> question.
> I was unable in puppy to set up e-mail based on my yahoo SSL protocol
> I assume. So I would have to go to Yahoo to check, receive and answer
> if necessary.
> So here is the seemingly dumb question. Lets assume I went totally
> linux, no access to windows (this will be a reality shortly) will I in
> fedora continue to not have e-mail capability, or is there a fetch it
> process by anyone that overcomes this Yahoo constraint. Please do not
> tell me about free yahoo mail I pay a ton each month for my yahoo DSL
> and plus mail would not change a thing in terms of Linux
> Allen
----
according to this...
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Yahoo-Mail-Still-No-POP3-IMAP-Just-a-Shortcut-for-the-Time-Being-81688.shtml

you can simply setup any mail client to use pop3 and get your e-mail
with a 'Yahoo Mail Plus' account so you have a bunch of options on
Linux. You should have been able to do the same thing with 'puppy Linux'

Craig