A seemingly dumb question! Gotta ask

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 6 00:32:41 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 16:38 -0500, allen wrote:
> I was unable in puppy to set up e-mail based on my yahoo SSL protocol
> I assume. So I would have to go to Yahoo to check, receive and answer
> if necessary.
> So here is the seemingly dumb question. Lets assume I went totally
> linux, no access to windows (this will be a reality shortly) will I in
> fedora continue to not have e-mail capability, or is there a fetch it
> process by anyone that overcomes this Yahoo constraint. P

What do you currently use to read it?  If you use an ordinary mail
client on Windows, then another ordinary mail client on Linux should
work, as well.

You've mentioned "SSL" but that's a vague description.  SSL is
encryption, it's not a transfer protocol.  And it can be used over a
variety of data transfer protocols, HTTPS being just one of them.
Evolution can use SSL with at least the IMAP protocol, but I haven't
looked through all the options.

We're a bit lucky down here, Yahoo still has a POP3 interface to their
free mail, so I can use any mail client.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.