root account no longer receiving mail

Maccy maccy at maccomms.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 14:49:24 UTC 2008

Guys,

My Fedora 6 system is no longer sending mail to root and I can't for the
life of me work out why.

The aliases file hasn't changed recently and root is set up to point to
my user account in the relevant lower section.

/var/spool/mail/root is owned by root:root but hasn't been added to
since late May.

I have a script that updates all my clients every 10 minutes and I need
to know which are not getting updated at any point.

I've tried restarting sendmail and rebooting multiple times.

Any ideas? Where else can I look to solve? Many thanks in advance.

Mark