Can't get DHCP to assign specific addresses

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Jul 6 15:36:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 11:09:10 -0400
James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:

> Any ideas what the problem could be?

I once had a long battle with dhcp (which it won :-), but I
think I remember discovering that it just does the first thing
it sees.

Your subnet range is from 50 to 100, but your host definition
with the fixed-address is for 50, which is inside the subnet
range. I'm pretty sure you need to have any separate fixed-address
definitions outside the subnet range (otherwise it might assign
some completely different device one of the fixed addresses).