That thread - Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:58:08 UTC 2008

On Monday 07 July 2008 13:47:44 Pete Snider wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > On Monday 07 July 2008 13:09:12 Pete Snider wrote:
> >> Please go and make KDE 4.x as good as (meaning equivalent
> >> functionality) KDE 3.5.
> >
> > People are working flat out to do just that.  However, the constant
> > whining just de-motivates them.  I intend to continue trying to help
> > those who ask for it, but I'm not going to waste any more time on totally
> > unproductive threads.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Anne, I'll ask again, I hope you have an answer instead of
> complaining.

Insult ignored.

> I do have other questions,
> but  these are the simplest.
> 1: How or is there a way to have the background across the complete
> screen?  This is a
> virtual screen consisting of 2 or more physical screens.
>
> 2: How can the task bar be force to be hidden?
>
> I assume by your previous response that it's not currently possible.

I do not have multiple screens, so I have no first-hand knowledge.  As far as
I know, neither of these is possible under 4.0.  You may be able to find out,
by googling, whether either of them will be in 4.1.

At this stage I do not know.  I am willing to help, but not to do all the work
for you.

Anne