Dead during installation after probe of video card

Carsten Laun-De Lellis carsten.delellis at online.de
Tue Jul 8 09:31:45 UTC 2008

Dear G

Thank you very much for your advice. I will try what you suggested. What i forgot
in my first reference, that i have tried an i386 installation which worked fine, but
i need the x86_64 system up and running, because i have already ordered additional
4GB of RAM. And therefor i need a 64bit system.

But again thank you very much for your advice.

Regards,
Carsten

Carsten Laun-De Lellis wrote:

Video: Club3D HD3450, 256MB, ATI Radeon HD 3450, PCI-Express

When i start the installation everything works fine first.
The modeprobe detects the video card and anaconda starts up
a few seconds later. But when i hit the Next button on the
first screen the system freezes.

not up on f9, so can only make a few suggestions until someone
else sees your post.

video card is not that new, should be seen. have you tried a text
mode install?

try installing a single drive, if ok, raid later.

hth.

--

tc,hago.

.

Carsten Laun-De Lellis
Dipl.-Ing. Elektrotechnik
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)

Hauptstrasse 13
D-67705 Trippstadt

Phone:   +49 (6306) 992140
Mobile:  +49 (1520) 9889178