can't get Creative Live! Cam Vista IM" to work under fc9

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Jul 8 18:32:00 UTC 2008

Andrew Gray wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anyone got a  USB "Creative Live! Cam Vista IM" to work under fc9, I am
> running
> the 2.6.25.9-76.fc9.x86_64 kernel ?
>
> Dmesg shows :-
>
> usb 7-2: New USB device found, idVendor=041e, idProduct=4052
> usb 7-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
> usb 7-2: Product: Creative Live! Cam Vista IM
>
> Shows up in hwbrowser  as :-
>
> manufacturer : Creative Technology, Ltd
> Driver : None or Builtin
>
> --Andy0043
>
> Thanks to the developers of fc9

I suspect you need the gspca driver for that camera (most of the
Creative Live! cameras use it).  Here's a link to the source:

	http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca50x/Download/gspcav1-20071224.tar.gz

- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
- Life:  That which happens while you search for the remote control. -