F8 and a GPS -

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Tue Jul 8 23:17:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 15:25:28 -0400, Bob Goodwin USA wrote:
[....]
> Thunderbird has been a continual problem for several days.  So far,
> since re-installing it,  it has not missed a beat.  Earlier I would try
> to delete mail and it would do nothing until I stopped and restarted
> Thunderbird, it is not doing that now.  Other times Thunderbird would
> just stop responding to commands at all and I would have to do xkill and
> then remove a lock file to restore operation.  So far none of that has
> occurred.  Remember, this was an upgraded system from F7 to F8.
	[....]
	In that case, go to Pan for news, and Alpine for email :"yum
install pan alpine" -- you'll never look back. Oh, and of course, quite
soon, "yum remove thunderbird" -- quite soon meaning once you salvage
what you can. The  linux/unix way is still best : one app for each and
every purpose, no bloat, no cruft, no breakdowns.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Evangelist
Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;