Fedora9 DVD autoplay

Federico Marziali federico.marziali at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 06:43:53 UTC 2008

> On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 07:55:40 +0930 Tim wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 21:30 +0200, Federico Marziali wrote:
>> I'm trying to figure out how to change the autoplay default commands
>> for some media (DVD, CD audio, etc..).
>> Basically I would like xine to play automatically dvds and amarok to
>> play audio cds
>> BTW, I'm using Fedora9 and Gnome 2.22.
>
> I don't seem to have the control panel for it that's in prior versions,
> but if you open up Nautilus and go into its preferences, the window that
> pops up has multimedia automatic options on one of the tabs.

Yes, and the window that comes out is like the linked image in my
which programs to use for autoplay *only* from a predefined list. For
instance for Audio CD I can choose between Totem, Rhythmbox, Do
Nothing, and Open Folder.
There is no "Custom" "Use-your-command-here" or other, which is very
strange (a bug???). Now, I can't possibly believe that this list of 4
choices is hard coded (can it be? o_O), but I could not find where is
the corresponding configuration file.
I hope I was more clear now.. :) Probably my English syntax is a bit
convoluted :)

> I'm using the wrong computer to tell you the exact things to look for,
> but you should be able to find it from there.

Well, thanks anyway! Is it possible that no one is using gnome on
fedora9 (especially after all the complains about kde 4 :D) and
encountered the same issue/need? mumble mumble....
In case you'll put the hands on a Fedora9 machine and want to have a
look for this, let me know!
Fede