Dell D630 fc9 can't change screen resolution with system-config-display

Dave Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Wed Jul 9 19:11:36 UTC 2008

solution - I used the gui add/remove software front end to yum.
Command line yum search told me something that confused me, made me
think I needed to upgrade my kernel to a version apparently not
available at any repository available to me. The gui showed a bunch of
different nvidia-config packages and showed which kernels they were
compatible with, so I could find the one that matched my installed
kernel.
Dave