F9 cant automount usb drives

Vassilios Kotoulas fedoralist at kotoulas.de
Wed Jul 9 19:24:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 12:10 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> you probably need to tell us what 'configurated the authorizations to
> my user is allowed to mount drives' means because that is probably the
> problem.
I added my user (explicit authorizations) to the cofig items "unmount
file systems mounted by others", "mount file systems from removable
drives", "mount file systems from internal drives" and "eject removable
media" in the authoritzations config appl. the config path is: org -
freedesktop - hal - storage

> Automounting of USB drives should be automatic for any user without any
> configuration at all but if you manually put entries in /etc/fstab, that
> doesn't happen.
I have no entries for removable devices in /etc/fstab

regards
vassilios