Internet DJ Console configure failure

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Thu Jul 10 02:57:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 19:14 -0700, stan wrote:
> Sean Bruno wrote:
> -snip-
> > checking for speex_header_free in -lspeex... no
> > checking for PYGTK... configure: error: Package requirements (pygtk-2.0
> >
> >> = 2.6.0) were not met:
> >>

> I think this is your problem, though I can't get to the link you
> provided.  The configure rule
> is set to use pygtk 2.6 and on Fedora 9 the latest is  2.12.  Edit
> configure.ac or configure.in and
> change the rule for pygtk to accept 2.12.  Then run autoreconf, and
> configure again.
>
> No guarantees.  :-)
> > Package gobject-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Actually, it looks like it is directly related to whatever
PKG_CONFIG_PATH represents.  On my system it is unset, so running:
         pkg-config --exists --print-errors "pygtk-2.0 >= 2.6.0"

Fails, but running:
         PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig/ pkg-config --exists
--print-errors "pygtk-2.0 >= 2.6.0"

Works.

This smells like a misuse of auto-conf by the author of IDJC or a bug in
the pygtk setup on Fedora 8.

Sean