F9: Func and Certmaster

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Thu Jul 10 14:01:59 UTC 2008

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Dan Thurman wrote:
>
>>> I have not configured anything for certmaster - not knowing
>>> anything  about it nor about func either.
>>>
>>> Can someone shed some advice here?
>>>

>> Ok, I disabled funcd in the service and I know that this has nothing
>> to do with system-config-services.  It still hangs.  Different issue
>> to solve.  But anyway, with funcd disabled, there is no tracebacks
>> so I solved that issue for now.
>>

> I think a good question to ask is why do you have these packages
> installed if you don't know what they do and you are not using them?
> The more moving parts you introduce to any system, the more likely you
> are to have problems with it.

Actually, I am learning about the parts of the whole and deciding whether
or not I want to use anything useful.  I have actually learned a lot about
what is available in F9, what "it" is used for, what I need and what I do
not need.  It turns out that one-self is pretty much left to solve the
problem
for one-selves when the going gets tough.

Clearly, there are some issues when installing "everything" and here, I
tried
it and found out where the conflicts are, what does not interoperate very
well, what to avoid, and probably some "bugs" seemingly noted in the logs.
Interesting thing here, is I have installed almost everything, except
those which
conflicts with one another or has bugs in them.

Func/certmaster is new to me and I will certainly look into it's usefulness,
but not now, later.

Problems are fun, so as long as you can solve it.  The hardest one for
me right
now is system-config-services which hangs itself for no apparent reason, no
error messages of any kind.  It is python code so I guess I will have to
take a
deeper look into it.

Dan