Padlock problems

Sieranski, Greg greg.sieranski at quoininc.com
Fri Jul 11 13:08:25 UTC 2008

I apologize if this has been asked before but I found very little
information when I searched using google. I installed F9 on my t60p and
encrypted the drive. Now when my laptop starts up I see:
Padlock: VIA Padlock not detected
Padlock: VIA Padlock Hash Engine not detected

It then prompts me for me LUKS password and works just fine. I am just
wondering what the Padlock errors are from and how I can resolve them.

I did find this post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/943735
which seems to say there is a patch or one will be released. Can anyone
shed some light on this issue and help me resolve it?

TIA,
Greg Sieranski