fedora errors

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Jul 11 20:23:30 UTC 2008

Glen Grantham wrote:
> My system is an AMD 64 Athlon X2 4600+ on a
> GIGABYTE  S-Series GA-MA74GM-S2H motherboard
> with a 320GB EIDE WD Caviar SE 7200RPM Hard Drive
>
> 64 bit Fedora Linux Identity Kit
>
> ERROR List from upgrade after initial installing system with Fedora 8
>
> When I try to install the 280 or so upgraded pacaages I get this:
>
> file /usr/lib/libnm-util.so.0.0.0 from install of
> NetworkManager-glib-0.7.0-0.6.9.svn3675.fc8 conflicts with file from
> package NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.5.svn3030.fc8
> file /etc/dbus-1/system.d/NetworkManager.conf from install of
> NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.6.9.svn3675.fc8 conflicts with file from package

Well, we didn't really need every single line, since most of them are
similar to the first 2 or three listed.  However, try removing Network
Manager and then installing it.  That should get you the upgraded
version and getting rid of the errors you are seeing.

It might also behoove you to upgrade to Fedora 9, since the NM in it is
supposed to be much better.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support