QEMU in F8/9

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 08:45:54 UTC 2008

Arthur Pemberton <pemboa <at> gmail.com> writes:

> No it is not. I didn't ignore your question. Installing virt-manger
> will install qemu as well, but more importantly give you a GUI to make
> things simple.

Thank you Arthur - that is very helpful - all I need to do now is to
install and try to get things working.

> Simply put, the kqemu package adds a kernel module which makes qemu work
> better.

Excellent - I will use this route to try and install an XP virtual machine
from an old XP disk from a laptop from about 6 years back that no longer
has XP on it - and hoping that although it is an OEM CD for XP that it will
still install on a virtual machine...

It may be a day or two before I can try it but I will post back to say if
it works or if I encounter any problems.