F9: Compiled and created rt2870sta.ko, but where to install?

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Jul 13 00:39:07 UTC 2008

I have downloaded RainLink's Airlink-101 for AWLL6070 (RT2870),
compiled, and followed the README instructions, but nowhere does
it explain how/where to place the rt2870sta.ko file (/lib/modules/...)
nor does it explain how to get 'Network' tool to recognize this module
and provide it for 'Other Wireless' selection.

Can someone point me to relevant links/howto's etc., so that I can
properly add this module to F9's structure?

As a side note, I wonder why this module is not included in the
F8/9 repository since it is freely available?  I am assuming this
is license-free?

Thanks!
Dan