F9: Sendmail log error

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Jul 13 21:14:22 UTC 2008

Dan Thurman schrieb:
> Anyone know what this means?  I got this by starting sendmail:
>> Jul  8 17:30:47 bronze sendmail[14546]: sql_select option missing
>> Jul  8 17:30:47 bronze sendmail[14546]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism
>> available
>> Jul  8 17:30:47 bronze sendmail[14546]: auxpropfunc error invalid
>> parameter supplied
> Thanks!
> Dan

You can ignore those messages if you don't use the cyrus-sasl sql plugin
(SASL authentication against an SQL database). Those backend mechs are
probed as being detected to be available, even when being unconfigured
as in your case. You then can even "yum remove cyrus-sasl-sql" that
libraries to get rid of the messages.

Alexander