How to manipulate with different screen sets - X.org

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sun Jul 13 22:41:22 UTC 2008

On 13Jul2008 16:38, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Zlatko wrote:
>> Maybe my title in subject is a little bit confusing, so I will try to
>> explain what I want in an example:
>
> if you boot level 3 and not level 5, you could build some preconfigured
> 'xorg.conf' files with different names, then write up a script to pass
> arguments to to over write 'xorg.conf' and start desktop.

You can also just start the X server using the

  -config /etc/special-purpose-xorg.conf-file

option, avoiding copying files. Both startx and xinit let you
pass options to the X server they invoke.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

That's about as good as when one of my students left me a note signed
'anon.'--written on personalized stationery.
        - Ayse Sercan <ayse at netcom.com>