F9: Compiled and created rt2870sta.ko, but where to install?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 03:49:37 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 17:39 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> As a side note, I wonder why this module is not included in the
> F8/9 repository since it is freely available?  I am assuming this
> is license-free?

Two points:

1) Every package in the standard Fedora repos is licensed. If you mean
the module comes with a free software license and thus could potentially
be part of Fedora then of course that's something else, but it's not
what you said.

2) When you say it's "freely available" do you mean you just downloaded
it from the manufacturer's site *without* having to click on a license
agreement? It would be helpful if you gave the URL you got it from. One
of the keys to getting useful answers is to provide enough information
in the question.

poc