GDM Screen Blanking

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Mon Jul 14 12:22:32 UTC 2008

I've noticed that the GDM login panel blanks the screen after being idle
for a period of time, but the screen monitor never goes into power save
mode. The screen savers used after logged in do not have this problem -
here, we enter power save mode after the preset time for screen savers
as usual.

Is there a way to configure GDM to do the same? It seems odd that the
monitor would be blanked but otherwise powered on at the point in time
where it's guaranteed nobody is using the computer...

Cheers,

Chris

--
By all means marry;