can't connect to windows

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Jul 14 14:55:35 UTC 2008

lee wrote:
> I first sent this e-mail over the weekend, I'm resending it today
> because I still need help. FC9 was a clean install and I'm using gnome
> windows.
>

> With fc8 I had no trouble connecting to my home and work windows pc's.
> Same laptop fc9  not working.  I check  samba  and smb.conf  and can see
> nothing wrong. the only thing  I have found  is  doing  ps -ef on smp.
> the 1st looks ok
> Lee

You shouldn't need smbd running on the laptop to connect to Windows
boxes.  At least I don't when I connect to a couple of my servers from
my laptop.

What are the error messages you are getting when you try to connect?
Have you tried from the command line?  What is the output you get when
you try that?

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support