Fedora 9: dbus problems with /home on nfs

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Jul 14 20:02:05 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:

> I've never tried using an nfs mount as my home directory, but I do have an nfs
> mount to my remote /home in fstab.  All important stuff is on there, so I
> read and write files regularly.  I've had no problems whatsoever with this.

I do the same by mounting my remote F8 home on my F9 laptop.  I
regularly have to remount the nfs stuff as they get hung.  It really
hangs up Thunderbird as my Lightning Extension writes to my calendar
file across nfs, and when it hangs, all of Thunderbird hangs with it
waiting for the timeouts and retries to finish.  The funny thing is the
remount clears it right up, no waiting.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com