compile graphical ssh - GFTP

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Jul 15 12:44:20 UTC 2008

Hello Aldo,

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:51:57 -0700 "Aldo Foot" <lunixer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 17:36 -0700, Aldo Foot wrote:
> >> I'm trying to install gtk+-2.13.3 in order to install GFTP (a
> >> graphical SSH tool).
> >
> > Just for an exercise?  Unless you want to do that, you don't have to
> > compile it.
>
> Yes. Something like that. I want to be able to compile the thing in some
> other system. I thought my F8 box would give me a stable test ground.
>
> >GFTP (a graphical *FTP* tool, as the name says, with some
> > other protocols, too), already exists as a precompiled package, and can
> > simply be yum installed.
>
> I did installed the package yum provides. It works fine. I use port 22
> with SSH2.
>
> So -is there anyone who has played with this GFTP source before?

GFTP is a pretty dead project tome, the author is not responding (at
least, was few years ago) and not reacting to bug reports and patch
submission.
Moreover, it's too easy to make it crash with reproducible and simple
scenarii, thus I recently switched to filezilla, which is much more
mature and stable.

Regards,

--
wwp